Ways to help people who are dealing with Compassion Fatigue
02/13/2020 - By Pastor Todd Nathan
- Be a "Titus". Be a person who refreshes others simply by your presence! (2 Corinthians 7:5-7)
- Offer respite care. Consider giving a "caregiver" a much needed break or time away.
- Be willing to shoulder some of the load but make sure you have the skill needed and are capable of doing it!
- Be a faithful friend, not a person who promises to help or to "always be there" but then doesn't follow through or fades quickly.
- Remember the Good Samaritan's example. (Luke 10:25-37)
- Pray for them and with them regularly.
- Write or test a note of encouragement. Handwritten notes are still appreciated!
- Cut them some clack - don't be hard on the person when they are being impatient or distant because they are weary! Be understanding, yet honest.